If you are planning to get vacation rental golf carts for your next weekend getaway, you need to be sure you are choosing the best and most suitable golf cart for you and your family. Dealers will tell you that their golf carts have gone through a thorough service inspection before being rented. Despite this, however, you still want to make sure that you are renting a high quality golf cart that is safe to be used.
The important parts of the golf cart that you as a user and renter would need to carefully inspect is the mechanical system, the brakes and the steering systems. All these should be in an efficient working condition to ensure safety operation of the vehicle.
Below are some important considerations that you need to look at when inspecting vacation rental golf carts.
- Brake systems should be functioning properly.
- Cables should be in good condition and are able to move freely.
- Brake pedal should have full range of free movement.
- Make sure that brake shoes and drums are clean and in good condition.
- Every part of the brake system should be properly adjusted.
- Check if there are any worn out parts. Have the vacation golf carts dealer replace any worn out parts in the steering system.
- Have them put the golf cart on a lift and jack up the front end. This will allow you to properly check the condition of the bushings that are located at the front of the golf car. These include the king pin bushings, control arm bushings and leaf spring bushings. All bushings should be in good condition. Otherwise, they should be replaced with new ones.
- Make sure the front end is properly aligned to prevent unnecessary tire wear. Also, keep in mind that a properly aligned golf cart tracks properly.
- All four tires should be in good condition and properly threaded.
- Check the threads for signs of wear and tear. If they are already wearing out, have the dealer replace the tires with new ones before renting the golf car.
- The sidewalls of each tire should not be cracked and should easily hold air.
If you are renting an electric golf cart, make sure it has undergone a full electric service and its battery should have been tested for discharge. This ensures that the battery pack is in good condition and gives you an estimate of its remaining life span.
Looking for professional assistance in choosing vacation rental golf carts? Call Best Golf Cars today.
Best Golf Cars
1400 Enterprise Ave. Myrtle Beach, SC, 29578
Toll Free 1-800-972-4654
Fax (843) 448-7772