Golf Cart Maintenance Myrtle Beach As an owner, it is important that you learn about proper golf cart maintenance to be able to use it for a long time. This also helps prevent untimely, inconvenient and costly repairs rendering you without something to use as you travel around town or visit a friend who lives nearby. Similarly with all your other possessions and investments, it is extremely important to learn how to properly take care of your golf cart.
Basic Golf Cart Maintenance
Basically, there are important maintenance tasks that you need to do for your golf cart every year. These primarily include preventative maintenance and battery maintenance. Preventative maintenance should be done throughout the season while battery maintenance which specifically includes keeping the battery water at the right level and preventing your battery from draining. Keep in mind that draining your golf cart battery is harmful for your golf carts.
Here are some other important things you need to keep in mind with regard to proper golf cart maintenance.
- Always ensure clean battery cables to prevent battery problems
- Always ensure tight connections on your battery cables as these may easily lead to melting your cart’s battery posts
- Properly grease your rear differential oil level
- Inspect your brake pads making sure the brake assembly is properly adjusted
- Keep the pressure of your cart’s tires at the right level before you use the cart
- Keep your golf cart clean at all times
- Easy golf cart maintenance tips
To make the task of maintaining your golf cart easy and simple, here are some useful tips for you.
- To properly and thoroughly clean your golf carts, rinse it with water throughout. It’s alright if you spray water on the batteries. What you should be mindful of are the electronics. When these come into contact with water, it might result in severe problems and costly repairs.
- When cleaning your batteries, put a little more attention on your battery terminals. If there is corrosion on the terminals, add a small amount of baking soda after getting them wet. Let the baking soda sit on the terminals for a couple of minutes before rinsing thoroughly. You can also brush away the corrosion using an old toothbrush.
- To easily check for your battery’s water level, open the battery’s caps. Add distilled water until the cells are barely covered. Make sure your battery has the right water level before charging.
- When you are storing your golf cars for winter, make sure your batteries are charged. According to many golf cart maintenance experts, it is extremely important to make sure your cart batteries are fully charged before storing them. This will make it easy for you to charge your batteries again before you start to use your golf cart. Otherwise, if you stored your golf carts without charging, the battery packs will run low and it will not be able to turn the charger on.
It is extremely important to properly take care of your golf carts. Best Golf Cars has maintenance package to help you maintain your golf car for years to come.
Best Golf Cars
1400 Enterprise Ave.
Myrtle Beach, SC, 29578
Best Golf Cars – Market Common
1600 Farrow Parkway
Coventry Crossings Shopping Plaza
Myrtle Beach, SC